Beulah Land: Paul’s Conversion
- Memory Verse: Rejoice in the Lord always, and again I say, rejoice! Philippians 4:4
- Summary: This is the story of Paul’s conversion on the road to Damascus. You can find it in Acts 9.
- I Wonder… : why Saul was so angry with the followers of Jesus? what it feels like to change? what you think about Paul? where else you have heard about three days?
Godly Play I: Ukrainian Eggs
- Memory Verse: As surely as I live, says the Lord, every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess Jesus is Lord. Romans 14:11
- Summary: Today’s story is a little different from our typical Godly Play stories. Children will learn about the legendary origins of the Pysanky Eggs of Ukraine and the use of them today. From Godly Play, “Our culture’s Easter eggs have little to do with the Easter that is celebrated in churches, but the eggs of Eastern Europe do.” This is a story that goes hand-in-hand with our study of missionaries supported by RMC.
- I Wonder…: which of the eggs was your favorite? which color and which design? which designs and colors are about you? which ones are about the church? which ones are about Jesus?
- Additional Followup: Learn more about the Pysanky eggs and their symbols! They are beautiful. There are some pinned HERE. If you feel ambitious, try to make some! Here are some instructions, but you can always draw them on paper or paint them onto a wooden egg.
Godly Play II: Missionary Focus- The Cordells
- Memory Verse: How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can they preach unless they are sent? For it is written, “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!” Romans 10:14-15
- Summary: Today’s story is about the Cordells, a family from RMC who is serving in Ukraine.
- I Wonder…: what living in another country is like? what makes people want to go tell others about Jesus? how you can pray for missionaries? how you can be a missionary in your own town?
- Additional Followup: Make an effort to talk about missions at home this month! What are they? How can you pray and support missionaries? Check out our RMC Kids bulletin board with the latest update from the Cordells for ways to pray and offer encouragement as a family!