Beulah Land: The Terrible Lie
- Memory Verse: For dust you are, and to dust you shall return. Genesis 3:19b
- Summary: Over the summer, we are breaking from our regular felt board lessons and hearing a story from the Jesus Story Book Bible. Today’s story is the account of the Fall of mankind found in Genesis 3. You can find it on pages 28-36 in the JSB.
- I Wonder… : what made Adam and Eve eat from the tree? why they hid from God? why they had to leave the garden?
Godly Play I & II: Catechism I
- Summary: Today we move into our summer rhythm of learning Catechism questions and answers! A few things to know about Catechism:
- Children will remain in the same Godly Play classes, but instead of having a Godly Play lesson each week, they will learn a set of questions and answers.
- Older kids will learn more Q&A sets than the younger kids.
- These classes are taught by our elders and deacons in order to give our RMC Kids Team a summer sabbatical and to have an additional opportunity to shepherd our RMC kids.
- The children will bring home a worksheet to help with further study. Please feel free to review it along with the questions at home!
- To learn more about why we teach Catechism, look HERE.
Catechism Questions This Week
- Godly Play I:
- 15: Who wrote the Bible? Chosen men who were inspired by the Holy Spirit.
- Godly Play II:
- 64: How long ago did Christ die? About two thousand years ago.
- 65: How were sinners saved before Christ came? By believing in the promised Messiah.
- 66: Before Christ came, how did believers show their faith? By offering the sacrifices God required.
- 67: What did these sacrifices represent? Christ, the Lamb of God, who would come to die for sinners.