Beulah Land: Son of Laughter
- Memory Verse: I will make you a great nation. Genesis 12:2a
- Summary: Over the summer, we are breaking from our regular felt board lessons and hearing a story from the Jesus Story Book Bible. Today’s story is about the Abrahamic Covenant found in Genesis 12-21. This is found on pp. 56-61 in the JSB.
- I Wonder… : how many stars there are in the sky? who all is in God’s family? how God fulfills his promises?
Godly Play I & II: Catechism I
- Summary: Today we move into our summer rhythm of learning Catechism questions and answers! A few things to know about Catechism:
- Children will remain in the same Godly Play classes, but instead of having a Godly Play lesson each week, they will learn a set of questions and answers.
- Older kids will learn more Q&A sets than the younger kids.
- These classes are taught by our elders and deacons in order to give our RMC Kids Team a summer sabbatical and to have an additional opportunity to shepherd our RMC kids.
- The children will bring home a worksheet to help with further study. Please feel free to review it along with the questions at home!
- To learn more about why we teach Catechism, look HERE.
Catechism Questions This Week
- Godly Play I:
- Review of 14: Where do you learn how to love and obey God? In the Bible alone.
- Review of 15: Who wrote the Bible? Chosen men who were inspired by the Holy Spirit.
- Godly Play II:
- 68: How many offices does Christ fulfill as the promised Messiah? Christ fulfills three offices.
- 69: What are they? The offices of a prophet, of a priest, and of a king.
- 70: How is Christ your prophet? Christ teaches me the will of God.
- 71: How is Christ your priest? Christ died for my sins, and continues to pray for me.
- 72: How is Christ your king? Christ rules over me, the world and Satan, and he defends me.